The first Slovakia Flag
, a Horizontal Tricolour of White, blue and Red, Appeared in 1848. The colours are Those of the Arms (White patriarchal Cross, blue Triple Mountain red Shield). The same flag was Adopted on 23 June 1939 as the national flag of independent Slovakia and Remained in use Until 1945. It Again became official on 1 March 1990 and was used in Slovakia, which at that Time was Part of Czechoslovakia. The Present flag was described in the Constitution of 1 September 1992, Four Months Before Slovakia became an Independent Republic.