The Flag of Cuba
- 100% Polyester Flag
- 5ft x 3ft (Approx 1500mm x 900mm)
- 2 Brass Eyelets for flying & hanging
- Double Stitched hem to Provide Strength
- Suitable for indoor or light outdoor use
- PRICE INCLUDES FREE UK DELIVERY - EXPRESS DELIVERY OPTION AVAILABLE AT CHECKOUT
- We aim to dispatch orders received before 2PM the same day.
The flag was designed by a Cuban poetTeurbe TolÃ³n in 1849 & was patternedon the design of the Stars & Stripes. Thestar, called La Estrella Solitaria ("the LoneStar"), was selected to light the way towardsfreedom & was taken from the flag ofTexas. In time, the Cuban flag itself beganto be known as La Estrella Solitaria. Theflag was hoisted for the first time on19 May 1850 in Ordenas on the nortlhcoast of Cuba where General FranciscoLopez landed with 600 men & stagedan abortive attempt to free the countryfrom colonial rule.The triangle is a Masonic symbol ofliberty, equality & fraternity, & thethree blue stripes stand for the threesectors into which Cuba was divided bythe Spaniards. The white symbolizes thepure intentions of the revolutionaries andfor justice; the red is for the blood that wasshed in the struggle for independence.